New Zealand Investor Visa
If you would like to achieve Residency in New Zealand by investing at least NZ$1.5 Million, then the New Zealand Investor Visa or Investor Visa plus may be the right option for you. The principle applicant must be aged 65 or younger, and have at least three years business experience, as well as meeting the Investor criteria summarised below. If the applicant is over 65, then they can apply for the Investor Plus visa.
Requirements of the New Zealand Investor Visa?
- Investor must have NZ$1.5 Million investment fund
- Investor must also have an additional NZ$1 Million in assets
- Investor must be aged 65 years or younger
- Investor must have 3 Years minimum business experience
- Investor and family must be English speaking
- Investor and family must meet health and character requirements
What type of Investments qualify for the New Zealand Investor Visa?
Once the application has been approved in principle, the applicant has 12 months to choose an acceptable investment. An acceptable investment must be something capable of a commercial return, and not for personal use of the applicant. This could be any of the following:
- Bonds issued by the New Zealand government or local authorities
- Bonds issued by New Zealand firms traded on the New Zealand Debt Securities Market (NZDX)
- Equity in New Zealand firms (public or private including managed funds)
- Bonds issued by New Zealand registered banks
- Equities in New Zealand registered banks
- Residential property development(s)
- Bonds in finance companies.
The Investment Funds
You can nominate a mix of funds and assets to invest. The investment funds or assets you nominate must be equivalent to at least NZ $1.5 Million. In addition, you need to own assets of at least NZ$1 Million. In your Residency application, you will need to provide proof showing that your funds/assets are owned by you or jointly by you and your spouse / dependent children. You will also need to provide evidence that your funds/assets meet the following criteria:
- Have been obtained legally
- Have no debt (i.e. mortgage)
New Zealand Investor Plus Visa
The Investor plus is less restrictive in terms of the requirements the applicant must meet, but the required investment amount is higher at NZ$ 10Million. The Investor Plus Visa has fewer requirements:
- No minimum applicant age
- No English language requirement
- No business experience requirement
- No settlement funds requirement
- Shorter investment period (3 years)
- Only 44 days required to be in NZ each year
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with your New Zealand Investor Visa or New Zealand Investor Plus Visa application please get in contact today.