Portugal Residency Visa
One company, one fee. Our mission is to help non-EU investors get residency in Portugal, through the government’s Golden Visa Scheme. We will assist clients through every step of the process, from finding the property, completing the purchase and applying for the residency Visa.
The Portugal Residency Scheme was launched in October 2012, and can grant non-EU investors with a Residency Visa in Portugal when they purchase a property, or multiple properties, totaling the value of €500,000. Once you hold this residency visa, you will have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Portugal, and have free travel through Europe’s Schengen Zone.
Once the property purchase is complete, our legal partners will assist you in the residency application. The process is quick and you can have your visa in as little as 15 days after application. Please note, it is not guaranteed that you will be approved for this programme. We offer investors a free suitability report for the programme, just ask to find out more.
Benefits of the Portugal Residency Visa
- Visa-Free Travel to Europe and Schengen Area. Investors can spend a maximum of 3 months per half year in Schengen countries.
- You do not need to Reside in Portugal. The investor needs to only spend 14 days in Portugal each year, to maintain residency status.
- Apply for Portuguese Citizenship and an EU Passport after 6 years.
- Investors can bring their family with them. Investors are entitled to apply for family reunion visa
- Medical, and Education expenses are free in Portugal
The Process – Applying for Residency
Step 1 – Find the Property
To qualify for the Residency Visa in Portugal, the investor must purchase real estate totaling €500,000. This can be a single property, or a portfolio of multiple properties. We help investors source the right property.
Step 2 – Complete the purchase of Property
Our legal team will check the legality of the property, checking the land and making sure there is a title dead. If everything is in order, we assist the investor in completing the property purchase.
Step 3 – Apply for Residency Visa
Once the property purchase is complete, our legal team, who have excellent experience in Immigration law, will assist you in the Residency Application process. It is advised that investors use legal advisors for this step, as if any mistakes are made on the application, it is likely to get rejected. Once we check the investors application and everything is in order we submit it.
Step 4 – Approval of Residency Visa in 15 days
Once the application is submitted, in our experience, the Investor can have the Residency visa approved within 15 days.
We make it easy for you
- Help find you the perfect property
- Provide you with the legal expertise to check the property (legality, title deed)
- Provide you with the legal expertise to close on the property
- Apply for the residency visa in Portugal on your behalf
- Answer any questions you have on the Portugal residency visa
Portugal Residency Visa – Costs
As long as the total cost of all the real estate purchased totals €500,000, investors will be able to apply for the Portugal Residency Scheme. The purchasing costs on top of the property purchase will be around 15% (€75,000), but this will include everything. This will include the Portuguese property purchase tax, notaires fees, the legal fees for property completion, the residency application fee, the government fee for the visa, the legal fees for residency application, and our fee.